WordPress.com or WordPress.org? Which is the better WordPress? Whats the difference between this two WordPress? Which WordPress platform should I choose? There may be several such questions rising in your mind and it’s perfectly fine. And it’s not just you because while I to started my blog I was too in this dilemma. So to help you better while you start a blog here the article for you.
So let’s just start here very first with WordPress.com as because while you ever have searched on Google or any platform with the keyword WordPress you find the very first result is WordPress.com.
WordPress.com is a propriety blog hosting platform under the team Automattic. As the platform come up with both the services either free or paid.
Under the paid platform which comes up with the domain and some advance feature which mainly comes up with three planes:
- Personal – $4 per month
- Premium – $8 per month
- Business – $25 per month
While on the free plan you to get all the basic features but with a sub-domain and some restricted features.
- You don’t need to worry about your updates and backup. All is handled by WordPress experts itself.
- It’s free until 3GB of space with a sub-domain and you could switch to paid planes if you need more.
- You get to host on a dedicated web server where you don’t need to worry about bandwidth if you have hiked on the visitors.
- WordPress.com shows there ads on your free version sites and no revenue is shared with you and if you wants your ads to be placed than you need to upgrade to paid planes.
- If you have high traffic site than to you could apply for their advertising program called WordAds. No other ads server ads are allowed.
- You could not upload any plugins externally.
- You could not upload themes externally.
- They could delete your site any moment if they think that you have violated any terms and conditions.
- You cannot build membership website.
- WordPress.com do not offer you to integrate any E-commerce features or payment gateways.
For example, its similar to living in an apartment where you are bonded by huge rules and regulation.
Now moving on to our second parts that WordPress.org. This is a platform which is mainly for those people who want to promote their business, creating E-commerce website or to make money online. In simple this platform provides you the freedom.
Under this, you just need to download a copy of WordPress files from the official site itself and install it to your self-hosted webservers.
- It’s super easy and free.
- You get the full control over your website and data.
- You can upload or install any plugins or themes free or paid according to your choice.
- You could actually make money from your site by showing ads for any ads network without sharing any revenue.
- For analytics and tracking, you can to use Google Analytics.
- You get the freedom to create membership websites and sell premium services.
- You are responsible for your data, updates, and error.
- You need a decent web hosting for storing your files and moving your site live online.
For example, WordPres.org is just like your own house where you can do anything according to your choice.